How Does the CEME Designation Work?
The Certified Event Management Expert (CEME) designation program is a self-paced training and certification program on event management fundamentals, industry terms, and best practices. The CEME program is self-study and 100% online. That means you get to set your own pace and take as long as you need.
Participants will learn critical skills of event management: how to manage time, staff, and volunteers; the importance of risk-management; the impact of the budget; and how to seamlessly carry-out an event’s logistics from registration to thank-you notes.
To earn the CEME designation:
- Register for the CEME program.
- Purchase the required text book shared in the study guide and syllabus (below), and on the required reading page.
- Go through the materials in the books, videos, and audio resources. With the study guide and mock exam, study for the examination.
- Complete the project, as laid out in the study guide and on the project overview page.
- Schedule an examination by sending in your completed project.
- Score an 80% or higher grade on the examination and project, and earn the CBCS designation and certification.
To learn more about the CEME program, here are some helpful downloads:
Most people can complete the program in 3-6 months, but there is no deadline or expiration to your registration. Once you register, you have lifetime access to the online materials and can complete the course at your own speed. With an exam held every month, the CEME can be completed as quickly as you’d like.
Once you enroll, use our audio and video study materials, complete the project laid out in the study guide, and pass our timed online examination, you will earn the CEME certificate. Please find an example of the certificate you will receive upon completion to the right.
Sample Expert Audio Interview: Phyllis Cambria is an author, columnist, speaker, and owner of WeddingPlans.com. She spends most of her time now writing about her event planning expertise and insights. She runs events still but she has done so for over 25 years so she has a lot of experience to share. (Download this Expert Audio Interview in MP3 Format)
Sample Video Module: When you join the CEME program, you gain access to 45 additional instructional videos on event planning and management. Here is an example video below:
Strategic Event Planning (Download this Video in MP4 Format)